The most expensive divorces ever. Divorce is never a nice thing; people’s feelings get hurt, money is argued over, families get split up and often things get messy. These things are elevated a lot when the people involved are famous and rich. There is no shortage of famous divorce stories but here we have listed the craziest amounts that have been settled between two celebrities.
1. Harrison Ford and Melissa Mathison- Ford is best known for han solo in the star wars franchise and Mathison is a screen writer who panned ET and the BFG to name a couple. At the time of their divorce in 2004 they set records for the pay out amount. Ford who had to pay 85 million dollars to his now ex wife in a court settlement. It’s a lot of money even when your net worth is estimated at 210 million dollars
2. Guy Richie and Madonna- In a rare occasion in Hollywood it was the woman paying the man in this split. Madonna had to pay up to 90 million dollars to here film director husband Guy Richie, the director got to keep their London estates and their pub in the settlement as Madonna moved back to New York.
3. Steven Spielberg and Amy Irving- The two rose to fame around the same time. They married in 1985 and lasted 4 years together before splitting, during that time Spielberg went from strength to strength but his wife didn’t. The divorce costed the Jurassic Park director 100 million dollars.
4. Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren- Everyone said Tiger Woods was crazy at the time of this revelation, his was found to be sneaking around the back of his model wife, his ex wife got 105 million dollars in the divorce and the one time greatest player in the game of golf went on a down wood spiral afterwards becoming a shadow of his former self.
5. Neil Diamond and Marcia Murphey- Neil Diamond has had a career spanning form 1962 and isn’t stopping yet, despite being over 70 years of age. He married Murphey in the 70s and has two children with here. They seperated in 1994. Diamond willingly gave here the money she asked for 150 million dollars.
6. Michael Jordan and Juanita Vanoy- Jordan married Juanita in 1989 and they went on to have 2 sons and a daughter together. The marriage lasted until 2006 and ended on good terms, the settlement amount was 165 million dollars.
7. Roman and Irinia Abramovich- Roman came to the forth front when he brought Chelsea football club in 2003. The Russian oil tycoon pumped cash into the club and saw it rise to success. He has a net worth of about 9.5 Billion dollars. He married Irinia in 1991 and it wasn’t until 2007 that they decided to divorce, the settlement was believed to be around 300 million dollars.
8. Mel Gibson and Robyn Moore- these two married before either was famous or had a dollar to their names. It was a 26 year marriage ans at the time Gibson was one of the most successful actors in the world. The settlement was for 425 million dollars.
9. Bernie and Slavica Ecclestone- Bernie who owns the company which owns the entire sport of F1, whos worth a wopping 4 billion dollars was married to Slavica for 23 years and the couple have two daughters. The settlement was worth 1-1.5 billion dollars.
10. Rupert Murdoch and Wendi Deng- The couple were married for 14 years, when the marriage broke down Wendi was awarded 1.8 billion dollars in the settlement.
Click Here To Subscribe! http://www.youtube.com/c/EliteFacts
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EliteFacts
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Elite_Facts
Follow us on Instagram: https://instagram.com.com/Elite_Facts
If you enjoyed watching subscribe for a new video every day.
Subscribe HERE: http://www.youtube.com/c/EliteFacts
Thanks for watching The Most Expensive Divorces Ever video
Elite Facts Check out other channels in our network –
BABOON TV: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrT-gj4C3qkCfsTgs7-rp9w
ROCK BEARD: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDnhRBA3A5x1dArhcvtDWAw